Who We Are
YMCA Birmingham is an independent Christian charity that works with people of all faiths and of none. We are proud to be affiliated to the national and international YMCA Movement, who provide us with advice, support and representation. We work with women and men, but the primary focus of our work is with young people.
Since 1849 we’ve been serving the people of Birmingham in a variety of ways from locations across the city. Today we:
- Provide over 200 units of supported accommodation to people who have been homeless, helping them to live independently.
- Offer longer term affordable accommodation for young people
- Provide affordable childcare from two nurseries, trying to give children the very best start in life.
- Run out-of-school clubs, and holiday playschemes
- Offer community facilities for hire.
- Offer comprehensive Training Packages which are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) and Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
- Offer meeting and conferencing facilities for hire, all supported by our professional team of young people.