Following guidance, we are delighted to say that we will be reopening our nurseries from 8th June. We have reviewed guidance on workplace safety and have undertaken risk assessments to ensure that we have the measures in place, that we reasonably can, to protect our staff and the children who attend our nurseries. With careful planning, these measures include;
- Temperature checks for all staff when they start work and children as they enter the building. Data will not be stored but we advise anyone whose temperature reading is over the ‘normal’ parameters that they can’t attend nursery until they have had a negative coronavirus test result or they are well again.
- Undertaking a deep clean of nurseries and plans for maintaining cleanliness throughout the day
- Good stocks of PPE for staff including hand sanitiser and aprons and gloves for staff
- A new one way system for drop off and collection times; asking parents not to enter the nursery
- New signage to ensure social distancing is maintained at pick up and drops off
There will be some other changes to opening times and days of the week. Billy Bears Nursery in Solihull will open 5 days a week from 9am to 5pm and Hand in Hand Nursery in Erdington will open 3 days a week from 8.30am to 2.30pm. As demand increases we will revise these arrangements.
We look forward to welcoming our staff and children back.