Location: Sunshine Day Nursery, Kingstanding
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: National Minimum Wage
We have a new exciting opportunity for a Nursery Practitioner to join our team based in Kingstanding. The successful candidate will join us on a fixed-term basis until September 2019, working 37.5 hours per week.
The Nursery Practitioner Role:
With your knowledge of working in an EYFS setting you will be able to create an enabling environment where all children can reach their potential through a child centred approach.
As a Nursery Practitioner, you will respect the confidentiality of information received from all sources to safeguard the children in your care whilst working with staff, parents and external agencies to ensure every child is given the support they require.
To be successful as our Nursery Practitioner role, you will be:
– NVQ Level 2
– Experience of work in an EYFS setting
– Experience of supervising and developing other staff members
– Experience of working to OFSTED Standards
– Knowledge of EYFS Curriculum requirements
– PC Literate
– Knowledge of OFSTED standards
– Able to form excellent relationships with children and other team members
– Able to plan and implement a range of activities suited to the age range and ability of the child
– Able to maintain accurate records of children’s’ achievements
– NVQ Level 3
– A good level of general education, to at least GCSE level in English and Maths, or equivalent
– First Aid Training
YMCA Birmingham is a Christian charity providing a range of life-changing services for the local community. With a turnover of over £4m, we house over 300 young people, most of whom previously were homeless, and support them to get their lives back on track. We also care for 150 pre-school children in our 3 nurseries, and run various social enterprises to create employment and generate income for our charitable work.
Closing Date for applications: 4pm on Wednesday 2nd January 2019.
YMCA Birmingham is an independent Christian charity, a registered provider of social housing, and affiliated to the national and international YMCA Movement.
As an organisation fully committed to the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, a thorough vetting process is carried out as part of the appointment process, including verification of any required qualifications, verification of identity, taking of references and a DBS check as appropriate.